Technology | 36 hours | The Netherlands
Education is important. Education matters. Sanoma Learning, a division of the Finnish company Sanoma, provides learning solutions for primary and secondary education in the Netherlands and four other European countries. Malmberg focuses on the Dutch market and continuously develops methods to meet the educational challenges of the present and the future. Would you like to be part of the transformation currently taking place on the educational landscape from teaching out of books to teaching through digital resources? Then join us and contribute to the future of our children!
Our goal is to become the digital front runners in education in the Netherlands. To this end, we take an agile approach and use the latest tooling for developing online learning platforms. Scrum, Continuous Delivery and DevOps are all part of our day-to-day routine. These methods enable us to respond quickly to any new requests that teachers and pupils may have.
The Business Technology (BT) department consists of 70 specialists and is responsible for the development and management of educational applications in the Netherlands and abroad. We use advanced technology (cloud), supported by modern development and test tools. The broad range of digital products we have developed are something to be proud of. We are looking for Test Automation Engineers to enhance this department. The test team currently consists of 10 testers and a test manager. Would you like to make a (innovative) contribution to the quality of education? Then check out what we have to offer!
What are your tasks?
As Test Automation Engineer you work in one of the Scrum teams you spin the web of quality, helping to ensure that new learning platforms continue to meet the wishes and requirements of pupils and teachers. It is your task to ensure that the available tools are used to contribute to improving the quality of your Scrum team and the application(s) developed. The tools we use include Protractor, Browserstack, Gatling, Netsparker, Jenkins.
A typical working day would consist of:
- setting up, maintaining and improving the test automation framework for end-to-end regression tests;
- supporting developers and improving the Unit tests and Integration tests they perform;
- maintaining and improving the interconnection of all tests based on the test pyramid;
- manual testing of new features.
Other tasks include:
- building and deploying new features;
- local running and testing of the application;
- providing solicited and unsolicited input to the Scrum team and the Testers’ Guild about improvements to the current methods and approach.
Who are you?
- Professional and intellectual capacities at higher professional education level.
- At least 3 years’ experience as tester in an online environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of test automation (Protractor, Selenium).
- Experience with an agile framework, preferably Scrum.
- A proactive team player who is committed to quality in both product and process.
- Good command of the English language.
- Experience with working in an international environment is an advantage.
You determine your own future; we build it together. Your continued personal development is important to us. We set aside time for coaching and implementing a customised development process. There is ample freedom for educational development and initiating and testing new technologies. As from day one, you’ll be part of our Testing-guilde; an initiative uniting your test colleagues in order to companywide share ideas, knowledge and skills.
We also have interesting secondary elements of remuneration, such as:
- 36-hour working week
- 6% year-end bonus
- Profit-sharing scheme
- Company (Sanoma) pension scheme
- Travel allowance
- Study costs allowance
Who are we?
Sanoma Learning is a leading European supplier of both printed and digital learning solutions and is a division of the listed Finnish company Sanoma. Our solutions improve pupils’ learning results and support teachers in their daily work. We have branches in five European countries and have been a front runner in the market for several years.
Our Dutch publishing house Malmberg is one of the largest educational publishers in primary and secondary education and senior secondary vocational education. We know how schools work, what teachers need in order to allow their pupils to develop, and where the challenges lie. We continuously develop our learning solutions based on this experience. When you come to work with us, you will be joining 280 colleagues who work together in an informal atmosphere. The Business Technology department consists of a large group of developers, testers, designers, etc., who work on developing the latest learning solutions for education on a daily basis.