| 36 hours | Finland
Sanoma is an innovative and agile learning and media company impacting the lives of millions every day.
Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. We offer printed and digital course materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and want to grow our business across Europe.
Our Finnish media provide independent journalism and engaging entertainment also for generations to come. Our unique cross-media position offers the widest reach and tailored marketing solutions for our business partners.
Today, we operate in eleven European countries and employ close to 4,500 professionals. In 2019, our net sales totalled 900m€ and our operational EBIT margin excl. PPA was 14.8%. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. More information is available at www.sanoma.com.
Group Finance and Control provides financial services to Sanoma Learning, Sanoma Media Finland and the entire Sanoma Group. Sanoma Group’s Finance and Control functions include Business Control, Functional Control, Financial Control, Project Control, Financial Shared Services, Tax, and Finance Development.
We are now looking for a
Technology Business Controller to our Functional Control team
to be part of the growth journey of Sanoma Learning by developing its technology cost controlling and business support to the next level. You will report to Head of Functional Control. In this role you will work as a business partner to Sanoma Learning Chief Technology Officer as well as to Chief Strategy and Product Officer. You will work closely with the Sanoma Learning management and the finance teams in Sanoma Learning and Sanoma Group.
Learning platforms play an essential part in Sanoma Learning strategy execution and growth, and you will have an excellent opportunity to see the future of learning in this position. Technology Business Controller is a key role in Sanoma Learning offering a wide range of responsibility in executing Sanoma Learning strategy by new reporting and planning processes, investment support and follow-up as well as analysis for decision making.
Technology Business Controller is responsible for
- Developing the Technology cost budgeting and forecasting process in Sanoma Learning
- Managing and developing the Learning wide technology cost reporting (capex and opex)
- Being a finance expert in finance development projects
- Proactively identifying ways to optimize and harmonize practices in Learning regarding technology costs and investments
- Contributing in the integration and post-merger activities
- Minimum 5 years in demanding business controller role
- University degree in financial and business administration or similar, preferably with accounting background
- Fluency in English, Dutch/Finnish/Spanish is an advantage
- Hands-on attitude and working style as this position combines high-level alignment as well as focus on details and implementation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills, experience of SAP and S/4HANA is an advantage
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural matrix organization is an asset
We work currently remotely which will continue in some extent also in future. The preferred location for this position will be in Amersfoort, Netherlands or at Sanomatalo/Helsinki, Finland.
Fill out your application via https://sanoma.fi/open-positions/technology-business-controller/. Latest by 11th, Jan. We handle the applications already during the application period. If you have any questions, please contact Jenni Heino, Head of Functional Control, +358 50 545 0359 (22nd, Dec at 10-12 or 4th, Jan at 10-12).