Technology | 36 hours | The Netherlands
Sanoma Learning is a leading European provider of learning solutions in print and digital format. Our solutions bring better learning outcomes to pupils and support teachers in their daily work. Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma. Sanoma is a front runner in consumer media and learning in Europe.
Sanoma Learning consists of five companies, which operate in five European countries. These local learning companies, Van In (Belgium), Sanoma Pro (Finland), Malmberg (the Netherlands), Nowa Era (Poland) and Sanoma Utbildning (Sweden), are among the best in their own markets and still growing. Most of them are clear market leaders. Together these companies form a strong European learning player that combines high quality personalized learning content and efficient teacher workflow solutions for its customers’ advantage.
Within Sanoma Learning (SL), the Technology department is responsible for the digital strategy, innovation and digital transformation as well as for the automation of business processes. The SL Technology department focusses on supporting the Sanoma Learning companies and leverage synergy between the companies. This is done by developing common services and technology. Next to executing custom software-development, standard applications are integrated according to agile principles. Are you looking for a challenge and will you help us in realizing our ambition?
To support us in realizing our ambitions, we are looking for a fulltime:
The Data & Analytics team’s mission is to mine and exploit latent value from our data; this improves our products, optimizes our customer approach and makes processes more efficient and intelligent. As data engineer in the data and analytics team your job is to open new data sources and make the data available for analysis. Data validation and developing transformations are an important part of your job. The data engineer reports to the manager learning Analytics of the technology department. The current team exists of 5 team members.
- Open new data sources in close collaboration with the team owning the data source
- Develop data transformation and loading scripts for the data
- Analyze the data and the data quality
- Process data in the Big Data environment
- Maintain and develop current pipelines
- Solve pipeline incidents proactively, either independently or with related stakeholders
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or Business Information Management
- At least two years of experience in a data engineer role
- In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of Big Data, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka and similar tools
- Knowledge of Jenkins, scripting languages (eg. Scala, HQL and/or R) and data processing tools
- Knowledge of distributed data storage: HDFS, AWS CLI: S3 and bash-scripting
- Familiarity with visualization tools like: PowerBI or Qlik is a pre
- Results and customer focused with pragmatic and hands-on attitude.
- Experience in working in an international environment
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills. Mastering the Enlish language.
Sanoma Learning offers you an interesting and diverse position in a result oriented team with a high degree of independence and responsibility. You will work with professional colleagues in an informal, dynamic and pleasant working atmosphere. . You will be located at the international head office of Sanoma Learning in ’s-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands.
The Data Engineer will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including:
- 36-hour working week;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 6% end-of-year bonus;
- 29 days holiday;
- Great Pension Plan;
- Interesting incentives.
If this position appeals to you, please send an e-mail with your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more questions about this position, please send me an e-mail or contact me on +31 6-41139678.
More information about Sanoma Learning can be found at https://sanomalearning.com/.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.