Business and Information Technology | 36 hours | The Netherlands
Sanoma Learning is a leading European provider of learning solutions in print and digital format. Our solutions bring better learning outcomes to pupils and support teachers in their daily work. Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma. Sanoma is a front runner in consumer media and learning in Europe.
Sanoma Learning consists of five companies, which operate in five European countries. These local learning companies, VAN IN (Belgium), Sanoma Pro (Finland), Malmberg (the Netherlands), Nowa Era (Poland) and Sanoma Utbildning (Sweden), are among the best in their own markets and still growing. Most of them are clear market leaders. Together these companies form a strong European learning player that combines high quality personalized learning content and efficient teacher workflow solutions for its customers’ advantage.
Within Sanoma Learning (SL), the Business Technology and Information Technology (BT/IT) department is responsible for the digital strategy, innovation and digital transformation as well for the automation of business processes. The BT/IT department focusses on supporting the Sanoma Learning companies and leverage synergy between the companies. This is done by developing central services and technology. Next to executing custom software-development, standard applications are integrated according to agile principles.
Are you looking for a challenge and will you help us in realizing our ambition? We are looking for a
General Data Scientist
As a Data Scientist, together with the international operational companies (opco’s), you are responsible for developing the Sanoma Learning vision on the analytics domain. You will collect and harmonize the requirements for learning analytics and business intelligence which are shared across the different opco’s. In addition, you will advise in the rollout of the related tools and process.
Also, you are the central pivot of our innovative projects. The Data Scientist reports to the Sanoma Learning BT/IT Product Management Team manager. The current Data & Analytics team exists of 5 team members and is extending. You will mainly work at/from our headquarters in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, but travel to our local business units is also required at a regular basis.
- Support the business analysts at the operating companies with knowledge and expertise
- Product manager for the data and analytics services collecting and harmonizing requirements
- Ensure realization of product concepts with the different business holders like Data Engineers, Platform PO and Solution Architect
- Define, prioritize and maintain the product roadmap and product backlog across the five opco’s
- Prioritize and agree on requirements with diverse stakeholders
- Support the definition of product features and functionality
- Explore the marketnd propagate the information to the other opco’s
- Govern the data dictionary and the data architecture for data and analytics
- Lead the opco’s in using available products and tools to its maximum potential and in line with local and group priorities
- University degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Business Informatics or related degree
- At least five years of experience in a comparable position, preferably in a B2B e-commerce, education or media environment
- Knowledge of the analytics, BI and big data domain
- Experience with data architecture and data design patterns
- Affinity with our young target group, education, and educational products
- Creative, innovative, and passionate to achieve excellent results
- Strong relationship builder at all levels of the organization and a real team player
- Experience with working in an international environment and prepared to travel (about 30% of your time).
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Sanoma Learning offers you an interesting and diverse position in a result oriented team with a high degree of independence and responsibility. You will work with professional colleagues in an informal, dynamic and pleasant working atmosphere.
The General Data Scientist will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including:
- 36-hour working week;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 6% end-of-year bonus;
- 29 days holiday;
- Great Pension Plan;
- Interesting incentives.
If this position appeals to you, please send an e-mail with your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more questions about this position, please send me an e-mail or contact me on +31 6-41139678.
More information about Sanoma Learning can be found at https://learning.sanoma.com/ .
Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.