Business and Information Technology | 36 hours | The Netherlands
Sanoma Learning is a leading European provider of learning solutions in print and digital format. Our solutions bring better learning outcomes to pupils and support teachers in their daily work. Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma, a front runner in consumer media and learning in Europe.
Sanoma Learning consists of five companies, which operate in five European countries. These local learning companies, VAN IN (Belgium), Sanoma Pro (Finland), Malmberg (the Netherlands), Nowa Era (Poland) and Sanoma Utbildning (Sweden), are among the best in their own markets and still growing. Most of them are clear market leaders. Together these companies form a strong European learning player that combines high quality personalized learning content and efficient teacher workflow solutions for its customers’ advantage.
Within Sanoma Learning (SL), the Business Technology and Information Technology (BT/IT) department is responsible for the digital strategy, innovation and digital transformation as well for the automation of business processes. The BT/IT department focusses on supporting the Sanoma Learning companies and leverage synergy between the companies. This is done by developing central services and technology. Next to executing custom software-development, standard applications are integrated according to agile principles.
As a Data Strategist you are responsible for developing the Sanoma Learning vision on the analytics domain. You collect and harmonize the requirements for learning analytics and business intelligence which are shared across the 5 different opco’s. In addition, you will advise in the rollout of the related tools and processes in cooperation with the architects. Also, you are the central pivot of our innovative data projects.
You’ll be part of the international Sanoma Learning Data & Analysis team which consist of 5 team members (data scientist, data analyst, data engineer, architect). The Data Strategist reports to the Sanoma Learning BT/IT Product Management Team manager. You will mainly work at/from our headquarters in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, but travel to our local business units is also required at a regular basis.
- Support the business analysts at the operating companies with knowledge and expertise
- Product manager for the data and analytics services collecting and harmonizing requirements
- Ensure realization of product concepts with the different business holders like Data Engineers, Platform PO and Solution Architect
- Define, prioritize and maintain the product roadmap and product backlog across the five opco’s
- Prioritize and agree on requirements with diverse stakeholders
- Support the definition of product features and functionality
- Explore the market trends and propagate the information to the other opco’s
- Govern the data dictionary and the data architecture for data and analytics
- Lead the opco’s in using available products and tools to its maximum potential and in line with local and group priorities
- At least five years of experience in a comparable position, preferably in a B2B digital product development environment
- Knowledge of advanced analytics, BI and big data domain and eager to explore and adopt new developments and techniques
- Experience with data architecture and data design patterns
- Strong relationship builder and coordinator at all levels of the organization
- Experience with working in an international environment and prepared to travel (about 30% of your time).
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Sanoma Learning offers you an interesting and diverse position in a result oriented team with a high degree of independence and responsibility. You will work with professional colleagues in an informal, dynamic and pleasant working atmosphere.
The Data Stragetist will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including:
- 36-hour working week;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 6% end-of-year bonus;
- 29 days holiday;
- Great Pension Plan;
- Interesting incentives.
If this position appeals to you, please send an e-mail with your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more questions about this position, please send me an e-mail or contact me on +31 6-41139678.
More information about Sanoma Learning can be found at our website.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.